Seminars: Entrepreneurship & Intrepreneurship:
Technical professionals (including engineers) are becoming more important as business drivers– especially in technology based businesses. Today– more than ever before– engineers, scientists and technical professionals have the opportunity to develop new markets, products, and businesses. This requires that these technical professionals understand people, and how they work.
These opportunities require that these technical professionals be “broadband”; i.e. have breadths of skills that include non-technical skills. Unfortunately, most engineers are never trained in these non-technical skills, and often fail when they should have succeeded.
We have designed this course to address this problem. The course is based on work that has identified the behaviors and knowledge of the most effective people in large technical organizations.
What You Will Learn.
You will get an overview of the different skills necessary to be effective in a large technical organization.
You will learn:
- How to sell and market an idea or a product
- How to build and maintain relationships, both internal and external to the company
- How to assemble and motivate a team
- How to manage and lead a group
- How to deliver and communicate results
- How to make and document decisions
- How to assess risks
- How to clearly communicate a task so you get what you wanted
- The fatal flaws that kill projects
- Roadmap for a successful project
Most importantly, you will get an understanding of how people really work together, what motivates them, and how the use of simple “people” skills can make you more efficient and effective.
People Motivation and Hiring * Benchmarking * Sales and Marketing * Project Management * Leadership * Empowerment* Accountability* Risk assessment* Strong Contracting*
Who Should Attend.
We developed this course for technical professionals who are, or want to be the driving force behind a new product or opportunity. This audience includes engineers, project managers, engineering managers, scientists, professors, and other professionals who have the drive and motivation to “make things happen”.
Benefits of Intrepreneurship:
- Learn how to “Make things Happen”
- Learn why some people can’t, and how to recognize them early
- Learn how to be more effective in your present job
- Cut down significantly the amount of wasted effort in your life.
- Learn how to get people to work effectively with you and for you
Attendance Limitations and Liability: These sessions are currently only conducted in-house at corporations. We do not have public sessions. We occasionally have seats available where you can audit a session. Please call for information
Certificates: Certificates of participation will be awarded to those who complete the course.